Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I enjoy chicken nuggets and when I found a recipe on Pinterest for them I decided to try it out! (You can find the original recipe here)

Here's what you need:

Chicken breast (I cut up 2 breasts which was plenty!)
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
Oil for frying (we have a deep fryer so I didn't have to worry about using a pan for frying)

Mix together milk and egg in one bowl
Mix together all dry ingredients in another bowl
Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces

Dip the chicken pieces into the milk/ egg mix, shake off excess, then put into the flour mix and coat well.

I put my deep fryer on 360 and place a handful of pieces at a time into it for 6 minutes. The original recipe calls for frying in a pan 2-3 minutes on each side to make sure it's cooked.


Finished product! (Well, some of it :) ) Because it's fried I served these with some sweet potato fries (not sure if that helps but it made me feel better haha). Serve with a variety of dipping sauces!

We try not to make this too often since it is fried but sometimes chicken nuggets are just what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment