Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crafty Canvas

A few months ago I decided to actually do a project I had pinned on Pinterest ( This was my inspiration). I was very excited to finish it and hang it on my wall in my dining room. Adam and I realized that doing just 1 was going to look funny so I proceeded to do 2 more. Here's a tutorial on the last one I did.

I used:
A blank canvas (I can't remember the exact size but just pick a size that will fit where you need it)
Contact paper
Scissors
Spray Paint (I kill the atmosphere but I love spray paint!)

My wonderful Mom helped me with this project :)

Here we are cutting out letters- we printed them out on regular paper then put the contact paper over it and cut them out

Then I set up the phrase on the canvas

Then took the back off the contact paper and stuck the letters on the canvas

Then Adam and I spray painted the mess out of it (mixture of black and grey)

Then after the pain is dry, peel the letters off the canvas

Then hang and enjoy!

Here's all the canvas' I did for my dining room.

Pretty easy to do and a lot cheaper than going somewhere and buying something.







No comments:

Post a Comment